Sunday, November 20, 2011

Compassion From Fashion Exclusive Event..come inside..

Attending the Compassion From Fashion exclusive benefit and fashion event at Beachwood Place last night was amazing. 1000 people were in attendance and 100% of the proceeds were donated to The Gathering Place (A caring community involved in supporting, educating, and empowering individuals and families touched by cancer.)




Maggiano's Italian restaurant provided fantastic pasta dishes, make your own pasta stations, carving stations, an antipasto bar, and delectable desserts.



McCormick & Schmicks provided the first 750 attendees with $10 gift cards. I can't wait to head to dinner with Mr. Parks and use our $20 on an exquisite seafood meal!


Beachwood Place also provided the first 750 attendees with $10 mall gift cards to use during their discounted shopping at select stores for the evening. Mr. Parks used his at The Gap on a pair of great fitting dark jeans. The Compassion from Fashion added discount(50% off of the sales price) made these jeans*FREE*

J.Crew had an excellent discount in participation of the night's events, two 50% off coupons on any full priced item, up to two items per coupon. Mr. Parks bought some tantalizing cologne, but after three trips back in, we could not decide on what else to buy. Shopping overload? Perhaps..


We enjoyed a glass of Seven Daughters Moscato before the event. I have been noticing the buzz on this brand as of late, and was pleasantly surprised by the light, sweet taste and tickling fizz of this wine. I  also won and received a Seven Daughters wine opener in the mail on Wednesday from People.com, my curiosity was satisfied. So good!


Quick photo-opp before the event, I was really excited for the runway show to start


Mr. Parks was equally excited, I promise, he's such a great sport!


 I styled Mr. Parks for the night: Perry Ellis Chambray button down $7.95 on clearance/Ralph Lauren dress pants with a linen/viscose blend (giving the appearance that the pants are a lightweight wool)$50 on clearance/Aldo Burnt chestnut Wingtips $65/Invicta silver watch. He looked fantastic, didn't even matter that his eyes were closed.



I used my V.S. free panty sweet nothing coupon, and found lucked up on a fabulous floral dress at H & M for $7. I'm a budget queen!


Almost time for the show to start. Red carpet all the way.


The models were fantastic, modeling clothing from The Gap, Chicos, Bebe etc.


This lovely model is currently battling cancer, I was so glad to participate in this event.


This handsome young man & model was Cosmo's most eligible 2010 bachelor- Ohio Native Ryan Mclean. Let me tell you, I am a sucker for dimples, this guy was adorable.


Here we have another very brave cancer survivor and model. The energy and applause for these heroes was amazing.


 Yet another one of Cosmo's most eligible bachelors, I didn't catch his name.




Here are some great shots of the runway, it was a LONG one!


Here's the upper deck view.


View from the floor!


I also had the pleasure of meeting fellow blogger Ms. Stacey Kay from Goodwill Huntingg. She is sweet and kind and actually my first chance meeting with a blogger from Ohio.

A wonderful night was had by all, Now let's have a tremendous start to this week! Judging by my IPhone photos, I am in such need of a fantastic camera! Adding this to my Christmas list NOW. Anyone have any affordable suggestions? I'll be doing my research.

xoxo
LocalCeleb~

10 comments:

Ren37 said...

Hi,

I was looking for interesting blog to follow and I found yours.
I hope you can visit and follow mine too! See you on my blog!

Have a great day!

Regards,
Rene

Jadore-Fashion said...

It seems like fun! I will so love jcrew discount :)

xoxo
Stella

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

Wow! This looked like a great time!

Fashion Pad said...

I love this post!!! You guys are always finding the most AWESOME deals! Love your "luck" and your blazer is so cute ;-) Unfortunately I don't have any affordable camera suggestions but I'm getting ready to purchase a Canon (they are a phenomenal brand per my tech savvy friends).

JustPatience said...

Great stylish you and Mr Parks.

Patience
www.justpatience.com

simplychic said...

fun times!

xoxo Kellz* said...

Love dis!!!

The White List said...

Fantastic thumbs up on the styling of Mr Parks and yours too! :-) Looks like a great event.

RochellekeCloset said...

lovely event!

following you now, hope you visit mine and follow back


kisses

www.rochellekecloset@blogspot.com

Vanessa Mercado said...

nice pics!!! enjoyed your blog,following you now...visit my blog for my international christmas giveaway!!!

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

UA-26777936-1