Monday, November 24, 2014

Mary J Blige-The London Sessions Album Review

I have been a dedicated Mary J  Blige fanatic since the days of her infamous albums:
  • What's the 411
  • My Life
  • Share My World
  • No More Drama
  • Mary
Reminiscing takes me back to the emotional dimensions I would visit in my mind, listening to stimulating ballads that frequently imitated my own unbalanced life.
Mary J. Blige, poised and fearless, takes us to another level with her explosive contemporary album-The London Sessions. UK's own Sam Smith, Disclosure and Emeli Sande are a few of the brilliant artists that conspired with Mary to create this innovative masterpiece.


I was excited to listen to this album with no interruptions-listed below are some of my personal favorites. The Mary on this album sounded revived and restored. The tone and beats proved more healing and therapeutic than on past albums. I found myself genuinely and attentively listening to the words of each song.. My mood improved, I felt pleased and truly captivated by this unique soulful/ UK-esque creation.
  • Therapy
  • Right Now
  • Long Hard Look
  • Worth my time

Mary J. known respectfully as the "Queen of Hip-Hop Soul" modestly claims:
  •  Eight multi-platinum albums
  •  Nine Grammy Awards including 31 nominations
  •  A 2012 Golden Globe nomination
  •  Four American Music Awards
This album introduces an impressive concoction of hip-hop soul and ingenious artistic talent proving to the world, that Mary J. Blige has truly evolved. The London Sessions is an exceptional album with a release date of December 2nd on Capitol Records.


If you would like to pre-order The London Sessions, please follow the links below:

You may also visit the Official Mary J Blige website here:




**  I participated in the Mary J Blige The London Sessions album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

UA-26777936-1